Accepted

I applied to this college in Los Angeles called The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising.... also know as FIDM. Since this is a fashion college their was a project I had to do in order to be accepted into the Fashion Design program. My project was to create an inspiration board and then sketch 6 pieces of my own original designs that represented that inspiration board. (Pictures to come in a later post.) I turned in my project and 2 days later had my over-the-phone interview. I was Extremely nervous, but once the interview started I was just fine. 
  My interviewer was the sweetest lady and she told me that she LOVED my designs and how classy and mature they were for my age. She told me I was superb at designing for different body shapes and I really know where to place lines in the clothes. Also she said she was dying for the pants I drew. Not trying to toot my own horn, but I just felt extremely accomplished when she was saying these things and my designs were pretty great. So needless to say at the end of my interview I was indeed Accepted to FIDM. 

Ps. I will be attending FIDM this fall of 2011 and hopefully will be rooming with my best friend Paige aka letty that I met at FIT in NYC this summer!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts